Under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), Mindbody is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. Please review and consent below to proceed.
MINDBODY, INC. California Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated Date: January 19, 2023
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE: This Applicant Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes Mindbody's (“Mindbody” “we,” “our” or “us”) collection and use of certain personal information relating to US job applicants who are California residents (“Applicants”), and is intended to satisfy our applicable notice requirements under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We may provide Applicants additional notices about our data collection practices that are covered by other laws (e.g., if we conduct a background check or extend an employment offer). This Notice does not apply to the personal information we collect from employees, contractors or clients. Your use of our website or submission of an application or other information through this website is subject to our Terms of Service, which include terms governing limitations on liability and the resolution of disputes; our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Applicant Notice and are available at https://company.mindbodyonline.com/legal/terms-of-service.
Categories of Personal Information Collected: While the categories of personal information that we collect and our use of such personal information may vary depending on the position or location for which you apply, generally we may collect the following categories of personal information (as set forth in the CCPA) about you, such as when you inquire about, apply for or interview for a position with us:
- Name, Contact Info and other Identifiers. Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, email address, phone number, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers, IP address and online identifiers and other unique identifiers.
- Protected Classifications. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, military/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, and pregnancy.
- Usage Data. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, information regarding your interactions with our website, and associated access logs and other activity information related to your use of any Mindbody network or device.
- Audio, Video and other Electronic Data.: Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as, CCTV footage, photographs, and audio recordings (e.g., recorded meetings and webinars).
- Employment History. Professional or employment-related information.
- Education Information. Information about education history or background that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Inferences. Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about an Applicant reflecting the Applicant's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Purposes for collecting and using personal information: Generally, we may use the above categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- Recruiting, Hiring and Managing, and Evaluating Applicants. To review, assess, recruit, consider or otherwise manage Applicants and job applications, including:
- Scheduling and conducting interviews
- Identifying Applicants, including by working with external recruiters
- Reviewing, assessing and verifying information provided, to conduct criminal and background checks (where relevant and pursuant to applicable law), and to otherwise screen or evaluate Applicants' qualifications, suitability and relevant characteristics
- Extending offers, negotiating the terms of offers, and assessing salary and compensation matters
- Satisfying legal and regulatory obligations
- Communicating with Applicants regarding their applications and about other similar position(s) for which they may be interested
- Maintaining Applicant personal information for future consideration
- Supporting our equal opportunity employment policy and practices
- Security and Monitoring. In order to monitor and secure our resources, network, premises and assets, including:
- Monitoring for, preventing and investigating suspected or alleged misconduct or violations of work rules
- Monitoring for, preventing, investigating and responding to security and privacy incidents
- Providing and managing access to physical and technical access controls
- Monitoring activities, access and use to ensure the security and functioning of our systems and assets
- Securing our offices, premises and physical assets, including through the use of electronic access systems and video monitoring
- Auditing, Accounting and Corporate Governance. Relating to financial, tax and accounting audits, and audits and assessments of our business operations, security controls, financial controls, or compliance with legal obligations, and for other internal business purposes such as administration of our records retention program.
- M&A and Other Business Transactions. For purposes of planning, due diligence and implementation of commercial transactions (e.g., mergers, acquisitions, asset sales or transfers, bankruptcy or reorganization or other similar business transactions).
- Defending and Protecting Rights. In order to protect and defend our rights and interests and those of third parties, including to manage and respond to legal claims or disputes, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, or the rights, interests, health or safety of others, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties.
- Compliance with Applicable Legal Obligations. Relating to compliance with applicable legal obligations (such as hiring eligibility, responding to subpoenas and court orders) as well as assessments, reviews and reporting relating to such legal obligations, including under employment and labor laws and regulations, social security and tax laws, environmental regulations, workplace safety laws and regulations, and other applicable laws, regulations, opinions and guidance.
CONTACTING US ABOUT THIS NOTICE: If you have any questions or concerns regarding our use of personal information as described in this Notice, please contact Mindbody at [email protected].